Our small yet mighty team here at Anthem Branding is on the search for a part-time content marketing summer intern to join our marketing team here in Boulder. If you’re interested read the full details below. If you know someone who may be interested in applying, share this post with them!
Content Marketing Internship (Summer 2019)
We are on the hunt for a highly motivated, self-starting, detail-oriented, creative, and results-driven content marketing intern with strong writing skills who will hit-the-ground-running. This is a great opportunity to work in an agency-setting and gain valuable experience producing a variety of content targeted toward a number of industries, companies, brands, and buyer personas.
The content marketing intern will support our Marketing Manager in our agency’s inbound marketing lead generation efforts including, but not limited to: blog writing, case study writing, video production, campaign-specific content such as downloadable guides, infographics, and checklists.
The ideal candidate is a driven, motivated, curious, and a collaborative individual seeking a career in marketing, journalism and/or any field that requires multi-media storytelling.
This paid position provides hands-on work experience. You will get to know every member and part of the business. That’s right, you’ll get cash money for your time just like a real-deal job. Relish in $13 per hour. For our summer internship, we’re looking for someone who can commit about 20-30 hours per week. Hours are flexible to cater around summer course schedules, if applicable. There is an opportunity to extend the position into the fall semester for the right candidate.
The Daily Grind
Marketing is a fast-paced field, so no day will be exactly the same. So here is a general run-down of what you’d be focused on every day:
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ideate, research, draft, edit, and distribute thought leadership content across various formats optimized for search
- Track content performance through our inbound marketing software platform, HubSpot; make suggestions for improvement and adjustment
- Actively contribute to the agency’s content pipeline and distribution
- Interview subject matter experts internally and externally, including, interviewing clients over the phone or in-person
- Conduct ongoing research into our target audiences’ industries and propose new topics, series, and formats that provide actionable tips and advice with the goal of converting visitors to leads/drive repeat business
- Assist in editorial planning and meet regular deadlines for new and varied content to support agency-wide business goals
- Help with daily admin tasks for the marketing team (no, this doesn't mean being glorified a coffee gopher)
Required Street Cred
- Major/Minor in Marketing, Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, or Media
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Multi-tasking pro and always into taking the initiative
- Fluency in social media
- Hardworking, go-getter, positive attitude who doesn’t sweat the small stuff
- Experience with content creation (i.e. school newspaper, magazine, blog) a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Work independently and not shy about asking clarifying questions
- Organized, reliable and motivated
- Detail-oriented and ability to solve problems
- Outstanding character: fun to hang out with!
- Huge brownie points if you’re a dog lover and/or fluent in sarcasm
How to apply
To apply, send a message to email@example.com with:
1. “Content Marketing Intern - Your Name" in the subject of the email
2. Cover letter + resume, including preferred schedule + number of hours available
3. Include any writing samples you think may swoon us if you have any
We will not review applications that do not follow the above directions, and only qualified applicants will receive a response. No calls, please!
We look forward to hearing from you. For more information, visit anthembranding.com.
What does Anthem Branding do?
Nestled right up against the beautiful Boulder Flatirons, Anthem Branding is a creative design and premium promotional products agency founded in 2016 by Principals Pete Burhop and Ted Church.
We work with brands across industries, big or small -- from Google, Benjamin Moore, and Redbull to the Boulder County Farmers Market, Sweet Cow Ice Cream, and People for Bikes -- and hundreds more.
What it’s like to work at Anthem
We are not your typical creative shop. There aren’t any of the stereotypical Don Draper types running around with cynicism, arrogance, or womanizing tendencies. We treat each other with the same respect, honesty, and authentic camaraderie as you would a family member.
We’re a hardworking and collaborative group but are also equally independent. We hit deadlines without exception and hold ourselves to a high standard of quality and level of accountability. We move fast, but with agility. We love our clients. And we really care about the details, because like one of our idols, Charles Eames, we believe they make the design.