What is private label apparel?
If you’re looking to ramp up your apparel line and truly make it exclusively yours, let’s take a walk down the road of private label apparel.
Put simply, private label apparel means that the labeling on the inside is under your brand name rather than a manufacturers' name, creating a consistent experience between your product and service all the way through to your custom branded merchandise.
How to make private label apparel true to your brand
We can work together to choose the perfect colors and fine tune those small details to make the item sing the song of your brand loud and clear.
Despite what some may assume, going private label doesn’t mean it’s more expensive. In fact, it costs nothing to add private labeling, if you are looking to produce a custom piece.
However, if you’re domestically cutting out labels from existing items to add to your own, there is an extra cost, but it’s worth it for the item to feel unique and personal to your brand.
With private label, you can add special touches that speak to your brand, even add a joke in the label and have fun with it! Every subtle details adds more value to the piece.
Private label apparel is perhaps one of the most thoughtfully done approaches in our custom methodology - loaded with surprise and delight touchpoints, which make your brand stand out in a unique way that leaves a lasting impression.
Here are some examples to help inspire you to create your own private label apparel line.
Examples of private label apparel
Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey lifestyle vests
Stranahan’s wanted to outfit their fans with a useable outdoor item that also speaks to their brand under their own private label. With over 30,000 distillery visitors a year, it’s important to the award-winning brand to make a great first and lasting impression on every single person that walks through their doors.
Take this custom premium puff vest we produced last winter. This item is classy, made of high-quality materials, and has hidden branded gems throughout — yet another custom item that speaks to the Stranahan's brand ethos.
Details that make this vest a quality must-have:
- Accent placket in Stranahan’s primary brand color
- Laser-etched logo patch
- Screen printed mountain range on the back that embodies the brand’s Colorado heritage
- Interior screen printed logo for added brand exposure
- Interior flannel panel for added warmth
Epic Brewing custom button-up flannel
You know we’re into the details here at Anthem, and this piece we are producing for Epic Brewing company is a statement to how much we really do love those details. After all, this flannel’s amazingness speaks for itself and is certainly swoon-worthy.
Let’s zoom in on some of the details of this piece that make it a home run:
- Interior neck taping and hanging loop in the brand’s primary color
- Solid color chest pocket flaps shake up the flannel pattern in an eye-catching way
- Once the eye gets drawn into that pocket, they see it has an in-seam clamp tag with the brand’s logo. This is a great example of what subtle branding is all about.
- The interior is accented in the brand’s primary logo, which like the interior taping, contrast tastefully in an attractive way that pops. The cuffs and cuff buttons also sport this design feature.
- Speaking of the cuffs, these beauties have a step-and-repeat cuff pattern sublimated with the Epic logo. When the flannel is worn with folded sleeves, that detail is sure to bring in all the compliments.
- A high-quality merrowed edge woven patch is placed on the left panel with the brand’s logo embroidered.
BOA Technology custom athletic full zip-up hoodie
This custom piece we produced for BOA Technology really puts the bar high when it comes to private label apparel. Talk about stunning!
Some of the details that do the hard work here include:
- Custom fleece paneling
- Tonal chest and hood rubber applique dot pattern
- Chest rubber applique
- Accent flatlock stitching
- Accent zipper, zipper pull, and thumb holes
- Laser cut interior woven labels
- Woven in-seam sleeve tag
Don’t just invest in stuff
Simply throwing money into fast and cheap promotional products is like flushing your money down the toilet! Any brand can order a line of t-shirts or hoodies, slap their logo on the front, and call it their own.
Stand out from the crowd with a thoughtful approach to private label apparel and merchandise — a worthwhile investment for growing your brand and connecting with your audience. Make those budget dollars go further as well as your brand with high-quality, unique private label apparel.
Connect with one of our seasoned branding experts to learn more.